SPTMC College Library The College Library was established in the year 1984 and since then it is growing in pace with the expansion of college supporting the motto of the institution. It is situated on the 2nd floor of the college building. From Monday to Saturday it remains open from 10.30am to 5.30pm. The area occupied by the library is sq.ft.
Library consists of a vast collection of various types of reading material. It has approximately 12000 books in its collection to serve the users, which includes:
- Books (Text books, Reference books, books for Recreational Reading)
- Correspondence lessons
- Reference sources (e.g. Encyclopaedias, dictionaries etc.)
- Journals & periodicals
- Question – papers
- Audio-visual cassettes & CDs
- Newspaper Clippings
Services Following are the various services provided by the Library:
- Library orientation:
- There is one general library orientation for all students of degree college in the beginning of every academic year
Reading room Facility:
- Area of reading room is 1500 sq.ft.
- It has capacity to accommodate approx. 125 students
Book Issuing Facility:
- Home issuing Facility – Students can get issued one book at a time on one library card for 4 days
- Staff members have access to any no. of books. There is no fixed time limit for returning the books
- Renewing Facility- Students can renew their books after 4 days, If they want to use it further
- Reservation Facility – Students and staff members can reserve books, which are already issued
- Current Reading Facility – Students can get issued library materials on their I-Card for current reading
Current Awareness Services:
- Putting up of clippings of important, current news, events on the notice board
- Display of new arrivals & latest issues of periodicals, newspapers
- Free Internet Access facility
- We provide reference service to staff members & students whenever required
- Occasionally we provide library services to some guests, Sr. Citizens and staff members of other libraries,
- Inter Library Loan
- Guest Membership for students, lecturers and researchers
Best Library User awards:
We felicitate students to cultivate reading habits among students and attract them toward library. Competitions on poetry recitation, prose reading etc. are held. Talks by guest speakers & Sr. Lecturers are arranged.
Guest Membership Facility:
Guest membership facility is also available for educational purpose.
Rules and Regulations of Membership
- For students, membership is valid for one academic year i.e. From June to June unless otherwise extended or cancelled by the librarian.
- Membership is not transferable.
- All members will be allowed reading facilities and use of books and other materials in the library premises.
- Issue of duplicate card – Reader who has lost the card should notify Librarian immediately about the same. Duplicate card will be issued to the reader on payment of the prescribed fine. The reader will be responsible for any loss, which the library may incur through misuse or the loss of library card
- Casual guest members will be allowed reading and reference facilities in the library premises only
- The Librarian has the right to withhold membership on any cause
Issue and Return of Books
- To borrow a book for reference on the premises or for its loan outside, readers will present a requisition slip at the counter
- The book shall be issued to the member on presentation of readers ticket which will be retained at the library until the book is returned in good condition
- Periodical publications will not be issued out of the library until the receipt of the next number
- Books /periodicals must be returned to the assistants on duty at the counter
- Reservation of book: A book, which is in circulations, may be reserved, by other readers
- Books loaned should be returned on or before the due date
- Renewal of books: Members may renew books by presenting them at the counter. Books will be renewed provided they are not in demand, no other reader has applied the same, and not more than two continuous renewals have been made
- Readers shall not sub-lend library books to any person
- Books loaned are liable to be recalled at any time and when recalled, they must be returned immediately to the library
- Books lost and damaged: If a library book is lost or found damaged
- The borrowers shall replace the book or pay the current price of the book as determined by the Librarian. In addition, the reader shall be required to pay a penalty of 20%
- In case a book belonging to a set of series, is reported lost or damaged, the defaulter will either replace the volume lost, or to pay the cost of the entire set in case the single volume is not available for sale
Care of Materials
- Books and other materials are the general property of the college and shall be used with utmost care
- Borrowers shall be personally responsible for the safe custody and return of the books borrowed from the library
- Readers shall not write upon, mark or otherwise disfigure, tear and damage books. The erasure of any mark or writing in a book is strictly prohibited
- Borrowers must satisfy themselves about the physical condition of book before borrowing. Any defect or damage observed should at once be brought to the notice of the assistant on duty
- Bound volumes of periodicals, rare books, reference sources and other valuable books will be issued for current reading only
- Non –book materials will not be loaned outside the library premises
- A reader will be required to show her library admit card at the entrance
- The Library will not be responsible for any loss/damage to personal belongings of readers, in the library premises
- Conversation, discussions, eating, loud talking, use of cell-phone, combing of hair, and any other kind of misbehaviors, in the library premises are strictly forbidden
- The Librarian may temporarily suspend or permanently withdraw membership if a member is found infringing the rules and regulations of the library
- Monday to Friday: 10.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Saturday: 10.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Special Features – Book Bank scheme
There is a book -bank scheme of library named as ‘Palanpurnivasi Late (Smt.) Maniben Rajmal Mehta College Book Bank’. Under this scheme we provide a set of textbooks to students for one academic year. For this we take deposit of Rs. 200/- from each student, which is refunded when books are returned.
On an average 400 students from Sr. College as well as Jr. College get the benefit from this scheme. Around 4000 volumes are distributed amongst them.
Guest membership facility is also available for educational purpose
Open Access Resources
- Open access Journals
- Open access Repositories
- Directory of open access books
- Open Access Library
Open Access Research Data
Humanities and science Library
Free Online Resources